Urgent Care | UM Faculty Physicians, Inc.
Welcome to University of Maryland Urgent Care in Columbia, where board-certified physicians and nurse practitioners provide care to patients of all ages for the full spectrum of immediate medical concerns.
Keeping Patients Safe
We are dedicated to ensuring the safety of our patients, staff and community. Below are the steps we’re taking to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Learn about our enhanced safety measures.
- COVID-19 testing is offered to patients who have respiratory symptoms, have recently been exposed to the virus, and who need pre-operative testing or pre-/post-travel testing.
- Patients who are not exhibiting any symptoms may get tested car-side.
- We perform rapid and PCR tests to ensure accuracy. Test results are provided within 48 hours compared to other urgent care centers that take five days or more..
- Our patient triage measures give you the option to wait in our waiting room or in your car.
- Patients are COVID-19 tested in negative pressure rooms to prevent potential spread.
- We use separate entrances depending on medical need to ensure all patients are safe.
COVID-19 Assessment & Care Program
Once a patient tests positive, they may opt-in for continuing care with our Infectious Disease physicians via virtual telehealth visits to prevent complications.
University of Maryland Medical Center is the only center in the region to offer an innovative COVID-19 treatment option on an outpatient basis. However, the therapy must be given within the first 72 hours of symptoms onset and/or diagnosis to be effective.
Non-respiratory conditions treated at UM FPI Urgent Care include:
- Bone breaks and muscle aches
- Deep cuts and wounds
- Insect bites and stings
- Sprains and strains
- Sports Injuries
- Upset stomach and pain
- Urinary tract infections
In addition, we offer X-ray services, on-site lab testing, quick access to sports medicine and specialty care services, such as ophthalmology, dermatology, Lyme disease care, sleep medicine, women's health urology, rheumatology and more.
Call 667-214-2100 (option 1) for more information.
Hours of Operation
Walk-ins are accepted for Urgent Care. Family Medicine appointments are available within 1 week and are offered Monday–Friday, including some evenings.
- Urgent Care hours: Monday–Friday: 8 am-8 pm; Saturday and Sunday: 8 am-6 pm
- Ambulatory Surgery Center hours: Monday–Friday: 6:30 am-4 pm
- Specialty Care hours vary
Our office is open 364 days a year. We are closed on Christmas Day, December 25th.
For Medicare patients and patients with a health insurance plan regulated by the State of Maryland: There is no out-of-pocket expense. The visit will be submitted to your insurance plan, which will not charge you a deductible, coinsurance, or copay. We accept most major insurance plans, including Medicaid. You can contact your health insurance plan at the number on your identification card to find out whether your plan is regulated by the State of Maryland. Medicare also covers 100% of the cost of COVID-19 testing.
For all other patients: Our cash price for testing is $100.00. However, for self-pay patients, the cost of COVID-19 testing is covered by the federal and/or state government under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and/or state orders. To the extent that these laws and orders continue to cover the costs of testing, we will not bill self-pay patients directly.