Urgent Care | UM Faculty Physicians, Inc.
Welcome to the University of Maryland Urgent Care in Columbia, where board certified physicians and nurse practitioners provide care to patients of all ages for the full spectrum of immediate medical concerns.
Keeping Patients Safe
- Learn about our enhanced safety measures.
- COVID-19 testing is offered to patients who have symptoms, been exposed to the virus recently and who need pre-operative testing.
- Our patient triage measures require you to wait in your car. Call 667-214-2100 when you reach the office, prior to exiting your vehicle.
Conditions treated include:
- Bone breaks and muscle aches
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Deep cuts and wounds
- Insect bites and stings
- Sprains and strains
- Sports Injuries
- Upset stomach and pain
- Urinary tract infections
Additionally we offer X-ray and ultrasound services, a lab for testing, and quick access to sports medicine and specialty care services, such as ophthalmology, dermatology, Lyme disease care, sleep medicine, rheumatology and more.
Call 667-214-2100 for more information.
Walk-ins are accepted for Urgent Care. Family Medicine appointments are available within 1 week and are offered Monday–Friday, including some evenings.
- Urgent Care hours: Monday–Friday: 8 am-8 pm; Saturday and Sunday: 8 am-6 pm
- Ambulatory Surgery Center hours: Monday–Friday: 6:30 am-4 pm
- Specialty Care hours vary
Our office is open 364 days a year. We are closed on Christmas Day, December 25th.
For Medicare patients and patients with a health insurance plan regulated by the State of Maryland: There is no out-of-pocket expense. The visit will be submitted to your insurance plan, which will not charge you a deductible, coinsurance, or copay. We accept most major insurance plans, including Medicaid. You can contact your health insurance plan at the number on your identification card to find out whether your plan is regulated by the State of Maryland. Medicare also covers 100% of the cost of COVID-19 testing.
For all other patients: Our cash price for testing is $100.00. However, for self-pay patients, the cost of COVID-19 testing is covered by the federal and/or state government under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and/or state orders. To the extent that these laws and orders continue to cover the costs of testing, we will not bill self-pay patients directly.'